In an Australian first, Keogh is hosting Intent-Based Leadership™ Bootcamps in Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney throughout October and November 2019.
These events are focused on real issues specific to leaders and designed around participants’ needs. Based on the concept of Act your Way to New Thinking, these workshops will be high on practice, low on theory.
Facilitated by Turn the Ship Around (Peter Russian) in conjunction with Keogh, each IBL Bootcamp will each be delivered over two days and presented in a highly interactive, multimedia, idea-evidence-example-practice structure, ensuring material covered is pertinent to organisation decision-makers, senior leaders, OD / L & D professionals.
Facilitator Peter Russian gives a taste of what will be covered:
01. A new way of working
• Why things have changed, why IBL, why it works
• What happens when we need to control (exercise)
• Discussion on big challenges
• Introduce 3 Cs (exercise)
• The Language of Control
• Homework: Practicing giving up control
02. Remove the fear
• The importance of psychological safety; case study (El Faro); groupthink; tools to help people speak up
• Safe Language
• Takeaways: Probability Card
03. The ladder of leadership
• Intro to the ladder, tools to move from rung to rung
• Language for delegation
• Takeaways: Ladder of Leadership
04. A mindset of excellence
• Achieving Excellence or Avoiding Errors
• The Language of Excellence
• Takeaway: Diagnosis Exercise
05. Intent-based meetings and conversations
• Intent-Based Feedback, Conversations and Meetings
• Takeaway: Meeting Rubric
Public program schedule:
|Sydney||28 – 29 October||8.30am – 2.30pm|
|Melbourne||30 – 31 October||8.30am – 2.30pm|
|Brisbane||5 – 6 November||8.30am – 2.30pm|
|Perth||7 – 8 November||8.30am – 2.30pm|
Why should I attend?
- Learn how you can help people speak up, take ownership and use their knowledge and skills to best effect by creating a psychologically safe environment.
- Understand how to delegate in a safe and structured way that improves the speed, quality and sustainability of decision making.
- Develop a new language of leadership which changes how teams and people work together.
Who should attend?
Are you a leader who is under pressure as a result of growing priorities and challenges?
Do you try to delegate but sometimes finds it easier to step in and make things happen?
Are you a believer in empowering people, but end up fixing things when they go wrong ?
Do you need to improve your team’s performance, and make a good team great?
Then this bootcamp is for you! But if you’re still uncertain about whether you or others in your workplace should attend, feel free to get in touch with us directly.