Keogh Consulting has commenced assistance in Papua New Guinea to support the general level of education. We will target a number of schools for assistance, with the first being The Port Moresby International School (POMIS) in Papua New Guinea. Other schools will be identified and assisted over the upcoming months
Keogh Consulting has commenced directly supporting POMIS in an attempt to provide some tangible support to improve not only the teaching conditions but also the provision of materials for use by students and staff. Specifically what is lacking is dictionaries, atlases, world wall maps (unframed), reference books (world history and English); reasonably recent novels, DVD's suitable for high school, encyclopedias and magazines (world event types - Newsweek, Economist type) etc.
You might expect that the internet had made much of this stuff available but there are too few computers available for research at the school; few DVD players (they have some old VCRs); even fewer projectors and the internet is still relatively expensive in PNG.
In addition to providing some of the tangible solutions above, Keogh will provide professional services (free of charge) for teachers covering the following headings:
- Accelerated learning techniques
- Latest research on brain function and application to education and teaching
- Creativity and innovation
- Experiential learning techniques
We have run many programs for students in Australia and Africa especially in leadership development and will put together a one day program that focuses on
- Self esteem
- Personal development
- Goal setting
- Peace and the path of spiritual growth
- Problem solving
- Creative expression and creative play
- Abundance and wealth creation (path to self sufficiency and self determination)
Our goal is to provide goods and services to the schools in Papua New Guinea over the next 12 months. Our staff has committed to the cause and we now ask if you would consider joining us in the provision of raw materials or funds to allow the purchase of capital items.
Some suggestions you may consider
- You could raid your stationery cupboard!
- You could provide some cash funds to contribute to capital purchases e.g. computers, projectors, etc
- You may have some old books, atlases, maps, encyclopedias at home that are no longer of use
We have now commenced taking material with us each time we visit PNG (at least twice a month) and will update our web site with details periodically.
If you would like to discuss this further or would like any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com